Thursday, January 30, 2014

a photo an hour.

Yesterday I decided to do this fun challenge to take a photo every hour for a day, documenting what I'm up to. I've been wanting to do an "a day in the life" type post lately so this fits right in! I might even do another one soon because yesterday was not a very typical day - but it was a good one!

8:01 AM - Breakfast of Champions. Peanut butter toast, string cheese and DDP.


9:01 AM - Getting ready for the day. Pulling out all of the makeup I own because I'm headed to a fancy luncheon. 


10:01 AM - Ready to go to lunch. Realized at the last minute that my last pair of tights have runs. Back and forth -stop at Walgreens or just not wear them? I didn't want to shave my legs so I made the stop. (TMI?) 


11:31 AM -  Michelle and I walking in to the VO5 Blogger Luncheon at Artisans. (Was driving at 11:01.)


12:01 PM - Salad course at Artisans. I loved looking at it but it was a little too bitter for my taste. It had edible flowers in it! 


1:01 PM - Waiting for the dessert course! My phone died right after this so unfortunately I didn't get a photo of my favorite part of this meal - the rose water cheesecake. Ohmygosh so good.


2:01 PM - Planning my cub scout activity for later in the evening. Yes, I am a Den Mother. It's cool. 


3:01 PM - Quick phone call with Jessica, replying to email and paying a few bills at my messy desk.


4:01 PM - Barely made it to Sonic Happy Hour. 


5:01 PM - Making a practice weathervane (tonight's cub scout project.)


6:01 - Fail! My computer froze up and wouldn't restart so I was quite distracted, re-installing Mac OS Mountain Lion. #firstworldproblems

7:01 - Scouts. This is what VHS tapes are good for nowadays - stairs for mini slinky races. BTW - the kids didn't love talking about the weather but they did like the craft. Not a total fail. 


8:01 PM - Time to enjoy my nightly bowl of popcorn, snuggle with this guy and watch The Big Bang Theory DVD's Michelle let me borrow. 


So there we go. I have another new post on Pretty Providence today if you want to craft the perfect Valentines date for your person!

Thanks Meg & Stephanie for the fun link-up.

13 comments :

  1. Apparently I must have been the only blogger not invited to this VO5 thing! Not like I would have been able to go, anyway.... haha! And that is SO COOL that you're a den mother!! You are such a cool chica. Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was a different crowd, I had only met Michelle before. Thanks!! Yeah it's a new gig for me but it's pretty fun. The kids are cute.

      Delete
  2. This VO5 thing sounds super fancy! And um string cheese is not breakfast food? I think humans are split on that because a lot of people think it's normal. My Sonic Happy Hour lasts til 5, are you jealous? it's pretty awesome, honestly. The fact that you're a den mother is awesome.

    Lastly, I am disappointed that there is no accurate depiction of your shampoo commercial hair anywhere here. You must do it again with a good mirror selfie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty fancy. Definitely felt out of my element! I wished more girls I knew were there but it's also good to meet new people. Michelle and I have no idea why we were invited haha! :) -- I really am jealous about that Happy Hour thing. Some of mine are doing "morning drink stop" now too - half price from 7-10AM or something! It's glorious.

      And thank you for thinking being a den mother is awesome. I'm still getting used to it!

      Delete
  3. Yay for hanging out! Totally out of my comfort zone so was glad you were there. Have no clue why we were invited...not a fashion blogger. That Sonic looks glorious and I will be getting one today! I ended my day with Big Bang too....days are just better I find with Sheldon Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I am new to your blog, visiting from the link up. That salad looks so pretty, I would have had to question eating it too! I love your desk area too, that banner is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I just can't get down with food that's prettier than it is tasty. Flavor first!

      Delete
  5. Ah! The hubs and I enjoy a nightly bowl of popcorn toooooo! You looked super pretty for your brunch!! I haven't seen any of the big bang theory, but my brother loves it so much he named his dog Penny. I think I'll have to force the hubs to give it a try with me soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really funny. I used to see commercials for it and wonder what the appeal was, but then I started watching re-runs here and there and fell in love! So we're just now starting the seasons.

      Delete
  6. Just found your blog from the link up - new follower! :) OMG. Sonic happy hours! I miss those! HAHA They just closed the one near my house.. so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was invited to the VO5 thing, but couldn't go since it was during the day. Such a bummer! I had no idea you and Michelle were going. Oh well. Artisans is fantastic, I'm surprised they had it at such a fancy place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea that you were invited to the event! I was invited but I couldn't go :( Glad you had a good time! I have an almost nightly bowl of popcorn :) It's my fav snack!

    ReplyDelete