Tuesday, December 17, 2013

wall update + family room plans.

Last week I painted the wall behind our fireplace! I posted about the painting process and trying out a new kind of painter's tape over on Pretty Providence, but I still wanted to share it here too because this is where the entirety of the house update process will be logged.

So - the before:


And now: I'm loving the dark teal (benjamin moore - oasis blue) with the white mantle and gray fireplace!


I swapped out the turquoise curtains I had in there for a light gray one to match the fireplace too. I actually only have one panel at the moment... will get the other one soon hopefully!  One thing at a time... literally.


I'm so excited about this room that I just want to stare at it. There is no seating in here aside from those two white chairs though, so it's not really that comfy to hang out in. I'm hoping to purchase a gray sofa from ikea at some point, and I'm debating about a white or cream rug. I know it would look great, I'm just worried about practicality... form over function? I wonder if I get one that is kinda shaggy would it hide dirt? 

We also have a SUPER COOL vintage drum that we're making into a coffee table. Then I'm thinking a big piece of art on the left hand wall. Then maybe some other kind of comfy chair too, down the road.

3 comments :

  1. Finish yours so you can come do mine. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that paint color - looks like the room will be fantastic!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SUPER behind on blog posts, but I just wanted to tell you that that paint color is AMAZING! I love it. You have such good decorating taste! Teach me!

    ReplyDelete