Monday, November 25, 2013

party on, wayne.


This year Halloween was a bust. I hate to say that, because it's so negative, but it just was. We decided to be Garth & Wayne, I spent a few hours thrifting, getting the perfect jeans for us to wear & rip holes in. We had Jacob's dad design us an Aerosmith logo, then I printed it off and used an iron-on transfer so I would have the right t-shirt. I found wigs on clearance at the Halloween store & we altered them to work for us -mine was originally a rocker chick, long curly blonde wig and Jacob's was a flapper girl bob wig! ha. Jacob found the hat on Amazon. We really put in the time, like always, but as Halloween approached we still didn't have anything to do, or anywhere to go.

Jacob was in Germany the Friday and Saturday before the holiday and it turned out that's when all the parties were. We missed them. Then that day there were flash floods so even the big party at Discovery Green was cancelled. We decided to go to the Trunk or Treat with my nephews & when we got to my SIL's house to change of course I had forgotten my jeans. The jeans I had bought just for that purpose! Anyway, we got another pair, got to the trunk or treat, and it was fun but short. Like 45 minutes.

We took exactly one picture. I think we're going to have to re-use these costumes another year because it was just a huge disappointment to love Halloween so much and be all dressed up with nowhere to go. I still think they turned out awesome, and it's not like we didn't have any fun. Just getting dressed up was fun, Jacob really gets into character with these kinds of things so he was strutting around the house like Wayne would and I was laughing so hard. Then when I realized I had forgotten my pants (and was at the end of my rope) I cried a little. But it was impossible not to laugh at me, dressed up like Garth, tearing up, even I laughed. It was just too funny. This experience just has us determined not to let this happen next year!

1 comments :

  1. I have been meaning to ask you how this worked out. You guys looked great! Sorry it didn't work out, but I definitely think these costumes deserve to get reused. And, a lot of people are going the 90s party route lately it seems, so this would be PERFECT for that!

    ReplyDelete