Tuesday, November 19, 2013

jus mac | eat in houston

Guys, today I'm gushing about reviewing a mac and cheese place I tried last week in Houston. I wanted to try something new in the Montrose area and I had seen Jus Mac while driving around lost one day, and it intrigued me. They had tons of fancy options on their menu but I opted for the classic mac, the "All American" so I could see how that was before getting into more wild combinations.



It was so great, comfort food at its finest! Cheesy, creamy, melted cheese and breadcrumbs on top. I'll definitely be back & next time I'm trying the "Ponchovilla" because, avocados.

I submit that the Caesar Salad was the best one I've ever had. Even after the mac & cheese came out, I kept wanting to eat the salad instead. My sister-in-law shared this sentiment. I'd go back just for that.


So that's why this place got it's own blog post. No more words though, just go. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

10 comments :

  1. I'll meet you at the one in Montrose for lunch one day during the week, just saying! I have wanted to try this place for YEARS but my husband refuses because he says I am always disappointed by mac and cheese everywhere we go ('tis true, but let me try it so I can know for sure). It looks so yummy. Can't believe the salad was such a standout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Deal. I'm excited. I hope it doesn't disappoint you!

      Delete
  2. I'll have to check it out!! I love mac and cheese. I went to this place called "Beaver's" last week that had a bunch of interesting variations of it....but i got a burger lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm. Avocado in mac&cheese? Sounds heavenly. And a good caesar salad is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avocado in everything, always, please! :)

      Delete
  4. If you and Lauren go, PLEASE invite me!!! I love this place! Personally, I would skip the salad and go right to the mac :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally would too. I am seriously considering going for the salad & skipping the mac though. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

      Delete
  5. Ok, can we do blogger girls day at Jus Mac? They're my new favorite place and I want to try all the macs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, let's do it!!! what have you tried there?

      Delete