Thursday, October 3, 2013

to be perfectly honest.


I've been thinking a lot this week about how I'm spoiled. We're in the process of buying a house and so far it's been a breeze (knock on wood.) We found a house we were obsessed with immediately and we got a great deal on it. Our minds are busy at work with ideas for projects and paint colors. The other day we went to Home Depot just to look at everything and to get ideas. We talked about furniture and appliances we will need to fill it up and of course I want to give it style, make it "me." or whatever.  As we were talking about what things we wanted to do and what they would cost, we transitioned into talking about how we feel so poor. We are strapped for cash anticipating this down payment and all of the costs that come with a house. We have a few big bills we have to pay in November and we're probably just going to scrape enough together. But really, we're not poor. I don't know what poor is like. We're so blessed to be in a position to buy a house. And it's a really great house, even without all the upgrades we want to give it. So I need to remember that I'm getting everything I ever wanted.

3 comments :

  1. That's good :) Above all you should feel happy for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perspective is so hard sometimes. I was feeling blah about going to the dentist for a cleaning the other day then realized I should be grateful that I have dental insurance and plenty of sick time to be able to go and do that. Going without the little things for now will be more than worth it when the house is yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. It's so true, too. There will always be things too expensive or out of our reach or times we wish we had more. But what's most important is to celebrate what you currently have - because you once dreamed of having it.

    ReplyDelete