Thursday, October 17, 2013

right before texas.

Oh goodness. I can't believe it's been almost 6 months since we moved to Texas! It has flown by. The week before we moved was completely crazy, not only did we only have two weeks notice to pack up and get here before Jacob was to start his new job, but he had finals to take and we both had graduation. It was also my birthday, and while usually I do like to make a big hubbub about it, this year I told everyone to ignore it because I didn't have time to party anyway. I really wanted to get "family photos"(is it called that when you're a couple with no kids/pets?) taken by Courtney before we left so I made sure to fit that in. It was kind of funny trying to do this during such a busy time, Jacob didn't even have time to shave before we went, but I still love how they turned out. Now I'm finally getting around to sharing them!


We decided to go to the one place in Utah that sells Blue Bell. We thought it was fitting. It also happens to be the cutest ice cream shop ever.


Genuine laughs because Jacob is saying "I feel awkward!"






We also went around downtown Provo. Mainly to Velour, a local music venue, which is where we met and spent a lot of our time together while dating and in our first few years of marriage! 

 
It was literally like walking around memory lane just looking at these pictures again! Provo will always hold a special place in our hearts.


We also thought it would be fun to have a little picnic and we found these fancy sodas right before the shoot. They looked so good!


Upon trial neither of us actually liked them... oh well. Better luck next time? 


Jacob gave me a noogie right after this picture was taken, after Court gave him the 'OK' and we were done.


The shoot was followed by a trip to Cafe Rio with Court & Jared which was the best last double date we could have asked for. Oh man, I can't believe I've gone 6 months without Cafe Rio. If anyone in Utah is flying to Houston I will pay you handsomely if you bring me a pork salad.

6 comments :

  1. You guys are so cute! Love that ice cream shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know it's too great. I can't wait to experience Cloud 10 tomorrow though. I looked at the website this morning.. bad idea. I was craving sugar way too early!

      Delete
  2. Such great photos! I think it's ok to call it "family" photos even if it's just you two :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good, I think so too but they do look like they could be engagements haha.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Miranda! I'm excited for ice cream tomorrow! :)

      Delete