Tuesday, September 24, 2013

happiness and blog conferences.

I had the time of my life at Blog Elevated conference this weekend! It was exactly what I needed and more. I walked away inspired as all get out and having met tons of awesome Houston ladies who blog. The main reason I wanted to go was to meet people but I didn't realize how amazing the speakers were going to be. I learned so much that I still feel like my brain is overflowing with info. I'm playing catch-up with my thoughts and trying to implement everything I learned one task at a time. On top of it I'm trying to coherently explain it all to Jess so she can jump on board with everything! (She did this for me after she went to SNAP too. We're a good team!) I think everyone needs to have friends who "get" their hobby. Blogging is one of those hobbies/jobs that unless you do it, you don't get it.

Here are some of the great people I met and fun highlights of the weekend:

Me, Bree and Jenn.
Sabrina, Teressa, Me, Mackenzie
A bunch of us girls doing "miley faces." #ew  Fun fact: many of the ladies in this photo live in the neighborhood I'm moving into soon. So excited to have met them!
Drink break at SWEET: Amber, Me, Rachelle, Miranda, Lauren, Whitney
Lauren, Miranda, Me at the fashion dinner.
We're all winners. Literally. We all won a staycation to The Woodlands Resort! I thought I had to squeeze into the picture, but I guess there was plenty of room. I can embrace that pose though.
Whitney and Me
Me, Katie, Amber. The only kind of conference where you're allowed, nay, encouraged to tweet while speakers are giving presentations!



Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries with Bree, Jenn - photo cred to Darby!
I posted this before I left for the first party, I was kind of nervous but those feelings quickly went away once I got there.
Anyway, it was a whirlwind and I was having so much fun and I have been a little sad that it's over the past few days. There will be plenty of blogger meetups though so I can hang out with my new blog friends at those and of course there's always next year. I will for sure be attending again! I'm also tentatively planning on SNAP! conference in April. It's the same weekend as my birthday and I'd love to go to the homeland, spend time with my family and go to a conference WITH my best friend/blogging biz partner Jess! It just seems right!

Did I meet you at BE? I've been adding people to my bloglovin list but I know I am probably missing a few people, I want to follow everyone so leave your link in the comments. por favor?

22 comments :

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! And I'm heading to SNAP again next year too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are? Awesome! I'll see you there!

      Delete
  2. So good to meet you! I'll post info about a meet-up soon and I hope to see you there. Oh, and I'm now following you via BL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was. I can't wait for the meet-up, seriously! I'm already looking forward to next week. I am following you as well! Your post today was so funny. Then I realized my PP fashion post has tons of F21 stuff in it. oops! I look but never buy, haha!

      Delete
  3. I'm soooo glad we got to meet! :) I hope we can hang out soon.

    PS- Totally jealous about SNAP! I'm dyingggg to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bree, ME TOO. Let's make it happen. And regarding SNAP, come with meeee!

      Delete
  4. So happy I got to meet you! Hope we can hang out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jenn! Let's plan something soon. Also I'm gonna need furniture in my new house ;)

      Delete
  5. Sad we didn't get the chance to meet! I'm glad we both had such a good experience! My recap is up over at my blog www.lipglossandlunges.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie, totally. I kept seeing you and meaning to come over and chat but there was so much going on. Thanks for stopping by, I'm following you now with bloglovin'!

      Delete
  6. And I'm so glad I got to meet you! And then met up again for nightclub cardio :) That was a great class! Oh, and I think I want to go to SNAP. I might be addicted to these blog conferences now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That class is always amazing. It's even harder when Forest teaches (Chevonne was subbing this week.) You should come to SNAP with me! It would be so fun to have a travel buddy, and I could offer you free lodging - of my mom's house! :)

      Delete
  7. I am so glad we met and that you are going to move to my area of town!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! Also, I had no idea this was your personal blog so I am following now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Meg! Neighbors. I can't wait to hang out with everyone again. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  8. Yay it was awesome meeting you :) You have a great blog over at Pretty Providence and I am now following this one. Can't wait to read more. And so awesome you live in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nini Kat! It was really fun meeting you, and so great to be in Houston. I hope to see you at the next blogger social!

      Delete
  9. Ahh, I kept telling myself I was going to hunt you down and have you teach me how to do that gorgeous braid you had in your hair! and I never did (sad face). I also don't think I got one of your cards. At least I know where you hang now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh no! It's pretty easy, I can't even do a regular french braid but this I can do. If I had gone to the vlogging class maybe I would know how to make a video. Oh well. I bet there is one out there by a 13year old! haha. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. We didn't meet but I'm sure we passed each other a hundred times. You were at my lunch table because I had your business card. lol - Glad you had a great time. www.pamelamkramer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Pamela I think I do remember seeing you at lunch, at the other end of the table, it's all coming back to me!

      Delete
  11. It was so lovely to meet you! You are super adorable and I'm excited to follow your blogs! Yay for new friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miranda, yes it was so great meeting you too. I love your style, you are one of the only fashion blogs I follow!

      Delete