Friday, July 19, 2013

happies and crappies.

Hey guys! I've been wishing I blogged "just for fun" more. That's the only reason I used to blog and now, even though I still totally love blogging at Pretty Providence it's kind of mandatory, so it's always priority over just blogging about whatever whenever. Ya know? In an effort to get back into the habit of documenting my thoughts and what-not here I'm participating in this link-up at the cutest blog I just found. 
The Vintage Modern Wife: Happies and Crappies Link Up
Happy things this week:

1. My in-laws are coming on Tuesday!  I am so excited. I do miss all of our family back in Utah and can't wait to party the week away with husband's parents. They are seriously fun to hang out with. Before we moved we hung out with them all the time. We'd choose them over friends our age. So basically they are our BFF's haha.

2. I got to try a Cronut today! Okay so it's a knockoff so they're calling it a "Dosant" but it's the same thing. I feel so lucky to have been one of the few who has tried one. Oh my gosh. Yuummmmm. They were giving them out free because a morning radio show was there. So I had to go. I went all by myself haha. No shame! Tell me that doesn't look amazing:



3. Friday Night Lights. I had never seen this show, not even one episode, but I noticed that a lot of my friends were talking/tweeting about it and I knew it had been cancelled like two years ago. I thought if they still think about it now, it must be good. Also, it's about Texas and the husband and I are trying to educate ourselves about our new home so we started watching it. Let's just say we cant stop. It's so good so far! We're obsessed! And I truly love getting into a show. It's fun to have something we both like to watch together.

Crappy things:

1. I have a cold, really it's not bothering me that much but I guess it deserves to be on this list.

2. My new table and my couches totally clash. I want to do something about it but reupholstering is not in the budget right now! That's okay. But I'm seriously considering finding some kind of temporary slipcover thing. I don't know.

3. My dance instructor at the Y is out of town. She teaches this class that is a fusion of Zumba, Bellydancing and Bollywood and it's so incredibly fun. Since she's gone, we have subs who teach regular Zumba and it's just not the same. I miss the flavor. She'll be gone next week too. I will just have to suck it up. It's so much easier to exercise when it's fun though. At least Nightclub Cardio is still on!

4 comments :

  1. I think it is so awesome that your in-laws are a happy, that isn't often the case.:)
    Good luck with the blogging. I know I've been doing it for about 7 years now, sometimes it happens, and sometimes it just doesn't.
    Happy Friday!
    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know I hear so many horror stories! Thanks Mei!

      Delete
  2. Oh, noooo for the missing dance instructor! I love Zumba, but I don't love all instructors. You're so right - some folks just have that special flair and aren't afraid to throw in some other moves!

    Visiting from the H&C hop!

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. I feel like I'm spoiled about it so now a "regular" instructor just doesn't cut it! But today's sub was super fun so it turned out good anyway!

      Delete