Thursday, February 21, 2013

viva las vegas, ok?

Last week I went on a quick trip to Las Vegas. I had learned how to drive Consuela* and wanted to go see my friend Jen for a few days. She and her husband moved away from us last summer and I just couldn't wait to see her again, so I hopped in Consuela and drove. I did get to visit Jess and baby Nora on the way and the way back too, which was so great. I was only there for 1.5 days but I did get the girl time I was looking for, I went to many thrift stores and we ate at Hash House A Go Go! Can you believe how big those plates were? Mine was the Sage-Fried Chicken Benedict (what Man V. Food ate...) and Jen's was the Sage-Fried Chicken and Waffles. We each got through about 1/8 of our food at the restaurant and then had the rest over the next few days, sharing with husbands. Holy flavor! I cannot recommend this place enough. It was incredibly good.

 
HASH HOUSE A GO GO

I got lost in an antique mall there too, and it was a magical one. Las Vegas thrift/antique stores have a lot more sparkly things than the Utah ones do. Tons of full-sequined dresses and other shiny objects. 


The most exciting thing about this antique mall trip... I found something that I have been hoping to find for years. A first edition "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" by Julia Child. (!) I always check the bookshelves at any second hand store, but it was never there, and online they are around $40. I couldn't believe my eyes when it was there on the bookshelf - and for a whopping $9 it was mine! The lady checking me out was super jealous, and kept telling me that I better know what I have.


Jacob made me promise that I would use the sun roof in Consuela* on this trip and bask in the sunshine and warmth. It took me a good 20 minutes to find the right button, but I did it. It was glorious. (February in northern Utah is making us all crazy.)

*Yes, it has been decided. New car's name is Consuela. Princess Consuela Banana Hammock.

0 comments :

Post a Comment