Monday, October 15, 2012

d.i.y. dress form idea



Sometimes I see an idea that really just amazes me with how smart whoever thought of it was. This is one of those ideas. The instructions are in a foreign language, but it's pretty self-explanatory thanks to good picture taking. I need to make one of these asap. I think I will do my arms too because, as you can imagine, pinning something along the arms and then attempting to take it off by yourself can turn out to be quite painful. Thank you much, Burdastyle.

7 comments :

  1. I tried this but it ended up being 3 inches bigger than my actual size. Any thoughts on why this happened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! Sorry. I haven't actually done this, I was just sharing the idea here. If I do try it I will come back and leave a reply letting you know how it goes.

      Delete
    2. You have to tape really tight to that when you stuff it it doesn't stretch out to much. measure while you stuff before you close it of to make sure you didn't over stuff it.

      Delete
  2. Is there a link to the instructions? Google translate does wonders. I've been looking for good instructions for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the link is right at the bottom - it says "Burdastyle."

      Delete
  3. I tried this. Started low, and the higher up we went the less i could breath. There is no give while you are being wrapped tightly. I had to cut it off and scrap that idea. I wish i could make a mold then make a rubber me. Would be easier to dress!

    ReplyDelete