Thursday, September 20, 2012

pizza and shows thursday!

Buy this shirt. You can buy me one too if you want.
I couldn't be more excited for tonight. The season premieres of Parks and Rec, The Office and Up All Night are happening, and there is an SNL Weekend Update special. I love TV! There, I said it. In this house, Thursday nights are special. We make an effort to avoid scheduling other activities so that we can watch these wonderful shows together and eat pizza. That's our tradition and we plan to carry it on throughout our life together, come what may. The next few weeks will also bring the season premieres of Modern Family (actually on Wednesdays but we forgive them) 30 Rock and Person of Interest! (Jim Caveziel is so suave.)  I have missed Ron Swanson's wisdom the most.

Example:

I have been developing the Swanson Pyramid of Greatness for years. It's a perfectly calibrated recipe for maximum personal achievement. Categories include: Capitalism; God's way of determining who is smart, and who is poor. Crying; acceptable at funerals and the Grand Canyon. Rage. Poise. Property rights. Fish; for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable.


1 comments :

  1. My husband and I have had the same NBC pizza Thursday night tradition for years. We usually add slurpees, too.

    ReplyDelete