Thursday, March 3, 2011

the declaration of ten dollar tuesdays.

Introduction: I have a goal this year to learn how to do new things, one of which is sewing. I also just really like doing various diy projects and would like to fit more time in for things like this, so here's me trying to keep myself in good habits. Being on a student's budget, I can't spend spend spend on all of the finest supplies, but there are still a lot of things you can do if you want to get creative! Which, I do. So, I present to you ten dollar tuesdays, where I will share projects that cost $10 or less! I am thrilled about it. So my first project was something I already posted about here, I got the idea and couldn't stop thinking about it so I went ahead and made it happen.
You will need:

White pocket tee from Target, $8.
Gold sequins
White or gold thread, a needle and some scissors.

IMG_1287

All I did was cut three strips of sequins the length of the pocket and then a little triangle shape for the bottom. The edges, where they were cut made a few of them fall off so if there was a spot that looked naked I would just hand sew a few sequins on there. It was honestly so easy.

For the sequins-I just bought a spool but you can have it cut, you'll only need one foot and that's generous. Always always always take a 40% or 50% off coupon with you if you are going to JoAnns! They will accept their own coupons or Michael's. They come in the mail or you can usually find them online.


IMG_1300

IMG_1294


4 comments :

  1. Haha. I want to watch mean girls now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I have started to do some crafts to keep me occupied while I'm home all day. Let me know if you need an assistant. I want to see what your next cute idea is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Now can you make one for me?

    ReplyDelete